Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Manic Monday..

Today is the last day in 2012 and were all sitting back and wondering "what in the heck happened this year". Lets see if I can recap most of this year: Gavin started walking in January, Darren started working with VDot, I started to enjoy my job more, we became a closer family, became closer to the friends who has always had our back, celebrated Avery's 1st birthday, fought off Gavin's first virus, Gavin started talking more & picking up after himself, my husband started going back to school, my baby turned 2, I rekindled friendships that I lost, made new friends, finally got my Rachel Ray pots and pans, took my brother out on his first black Friday trip, became an aunt to a preemie baby girl Emmy, became a better sister, a better daughter. As normal there is always the bad things, but if you dwell on those then whats the point in "change"?

As I sit back now and wonder what my ne years resolutions are (because I'm horrible at keeping them), I seem to start out with the most important one first:

1.) Be happy with myself. In my current state I'm not happy with how I look or feel, but I'm ready to change that. Which will mean no more fast food (except coffee & tea, I'm addicted), working out everyday (no excuses, I have an Xbox with Kinect and Zumba), eat healthier foods (if it taste good, spit it out). If I keep up with that I'll be happy in no time.

2.) Be a better mom. I know that many see me as a "good mom" & I'm thankful for that because I try extremely hard, with that being said there is always room for improvement. I don't need to be on my phone as much because that's teaching him that electronics run my life, and with the time less spent on the phone is more time to play with him. Secondly, I really need to expand this boy's food groups. Macaroni and cheese is awesome in portions, not 24/7 like he'd love to eat. Thirdly, I need to get this boy on a better routine & potty trained.

3.) Be a better wife. I give 100% to my marriage when I know I can give 110% to it. Not many people are as lucky as I am to have someone give you so much support when you need it most. I'm going to have dinner ready when he gets home from work, kid all taken care of so when he gets home he can rest. Be better at cleaning so there isn't a lot to do on days off.

4.) Be better organized. I'm going to get this house so organized it'll look like a house in one of those books! We keep talking about things we want to do in the house but if we get it organized we can start on it. Keeping the house cleaned daily is what I need to work on the most including laundry.

5.) Lose all this freakin (sorry guys) weight. I have had it with all this weight and like in #1 a lot of the things that I have done will help with this one. Just need someone to hold me accountable.

6.) Be a better sister. Being the oldest of 5 and running my own family it's rough to stay a good big sister. I'm wanting yo change that, as I have started my own family my brother has too and I want to support him through it. My sister is about to graduate high school & whatever her plans are I want to be there to help her. My other sister is big into her competition cheerleading, I want to at the least make it to 1 of her competitions. My littlest brother is the funniest person I've met but he has a million and 1 things he wants to do, and I'm going to be a huge fan of everything he does.

7.) Go back to school. This resolution I've already started on and found the online school that will let me go at my pace without rush because as you see I live a pretty busy life.

8.) Be a better friend. I have second chances with friends that I never want to take for granted, so thats changing. Although I have a busy schedule I need to make time with them.

9.) Be a better blogger. I added the app on my phone, have a home computer and a computer at work when I'm on breaks that I can keep up with this one.

10.) Not spend money that isnt necessary. This is probably the hardest one for me, but I know I can do it.

11.) Be a better follower of God. ♥

I'm hoping you'll keep me accountable for all of this. :) Until next year, see yah later!

1 comment:

  1. I gave you an award on my blog - http://terinaleah27.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete