Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking back

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I got my first tattoo.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I barely ever keep up with my resolutions, so no. However for 2013 I have a list of them and I plan on sticking to them. (A couple days in and I'm still good!)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Yes, my brother had my neice the day before my birthday! :)


4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of my co-workers did right before Christmas, God bless her family.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't visit any in 2012.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Time for myself, I always do for everyone else. It's time that I start doing for me. 

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 28th, 2012; which was the date that my brother and his girlfriend had my niece. Also, November 2nd, 2012 was the day that she came home from UVA.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working hard to provide an amazing Christmas for my family.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't do failures, I do lessons learned. This year is what losing the fake friends to find the real ones. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught that 24 hour virus which was the worst that I've felt. 
 
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Samsung S3, Gavin's power wheel fire truck and his leap pad. Plus my Rachael Ray pots and pans.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm not really sure, there was a lot of friends/family that did a lot of great things!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Actually, this year it was just the people that I thought were my friends, who turned out not to be. No biggie.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills, Gavin's birthday and Christmas. 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Samsung S3, and my Rachel Ray pots and pans.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
Psy - Gangnam Style 
Drake - The Motto
Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody that I Used to Know
Adele-Someone Like You.
Adele-Rolling in the Deep.
Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
-Those are just some, i'm not going to make the full list. haha

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? happier.
Thinner or fatter? fatter.
Richer or poorer? The same. 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken more risk, spent time with more family, spent time on myself.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Dwelling on past mistakes and ideas.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my family.

23. How many one-night stands?
None, because I don’t roll that way.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl, seriously. The best show in the world.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word that I don’t use. I have met people this year I do not like personally, so in a way, I say yes to this question.

26. What was the best book you read?
50 Shades of Grey. ;)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Going to my first concert, of course it was ZZ Top.

28. What did you want and get?
Rachel Ray pots and pans.

29. What did you want and not get?
A change in heart.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Breaking Dawn Pt. 2.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my 23rd birthday, we went to Blue Mountain and I was a little tipsy.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Going the whole year without a loss. Friendships, love, family.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Simple, comfortable, and sometimes business appropriate.

34. What kept you sane?
My 2 year old, crazy as it sounds.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Taylor Kinney- from Chicago Fire
 Jesse Spencer- from Chicago Fire



36. What political issues stirred you the most?
The ignorance of the American people on certain subjects surrounding the presidential elections and th recent shooting in Connecticut. I don’t have a high tolerance for people pointing fingers and forcing blame or criticism on another party/figure.  

37. Who did you miss?
Stacy. Everyday, every minute, every second. Losing your best friend you never get over, you always remember how you feel.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
MY NIECE, because she was born this year and I’m too bothered to actually think about new people in my life.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Change is inevitable, transitions are hard. Understanding will guide you; you just need to allow and accept growth.
Look at the big picture. Be empathetic to others. Live your life how you want and embrace the past.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife. Don't blink. You just might miss your babies growing like mine did, turning into moms and dads." -Kenny Chesney

No comments:

Post a Comment